... on a Wednesday night.
1. I have the next two days off work. This is makes me enormously joyful.
2. I am two eps behind on Prison Break. This makes me enormously nervous ::bites nails:: but I'm getting to the point where I'm kind of saving them rather than
downloading devouring them immediately, because I know there are so few left. Oh, show. What am I going to do without you?
3. I'm currently reading Nabokov's 'Lolita,' and I'm shocked by the fact that I'm shocked by it. I mean, it's fifty years old, so entrenched in general consciousness that the very name itself has become shorthand, and I've spent years in fandom, for heaven's sake. I really did not expect to be creeped out to this extent.
4. I'm also reading Alan Moore's 'Watchmen.' Dude, how so awesome? I have great love for this. Is there fic?
5. Right this minute, I'm watching 'Terminator 2.' Wow, but Robert Patrick looks young. Linda Hamilton looks way hot doing her hospital room workout. Arnie's 'I need your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle' scene is one of my favourites in any film ever. There should totally be a fandom challenge to produce fics where various characters use that line. Mainly because I really, really want to see Alex Mahone say it.
6. I really want to like 'Survivors.' I vaguely remember that I loved the original, back when I was a wee chick, and post-apoc is so totally my thing, and it has Paterson Joseph, and yet... somehow, it's just not happening for me. I don't really believe, and I'm not sure why. Maybe because it all seems so sterile, whereas the virus!apoc story I really imprinted on -The Stand -- made such a feature of the body horror.
7. Out of Uther, Merlin and Arthur, I really don't know who I would choose. Maybe Morgana, heh.
8. I caught a bit of the end of 'The Sound of Drums' the other night and was shocked all over again at just how astoundingly good John Simm was as The Master. Flawless performance. I don't think he's particularly stunningly handsome, but he has so much mesmerising charisma that you never notice. Damn shame we can't have him as Eleven.
9. You know who I would like as Eleven? Peter Firth (Harry Pearce in Spooks). He would be awesome.
10. I have a few favourite fic tropes, and 'Aliens Made Them Do It' is one of them. Wonder how you'd make that work for PB fandom? 'T-Bag Made Them Do It?' Hmmm....